The histories of Aberdare Town and Aberaman Athletic, clubs separately formed in 1892, have been intertwined for over 90 years. In the early years, Aberdare were the most successful, dominating the then Glamorgan leagues and in the new domestic format, winning the Welsh League in its inaugural season of 1905 with further success in 1909, 1912 and 1921. We were also finalists in the Welsh Cup on three occasions during that period. Aberaman Athletic also reached a Welsh Cup final in 1903 and won three South Wales and Monmouthshire Cup finals before the outbreak of the First World War. In 1920 Aberdare Town re-formed as Aberdare Athletic and the fledgling club entered both the Southern league and Welsh League finishing runners up and champions respectively. It is interesting to note that the local Welsh League derby with Aberaman in that season attracted a crowd of 8,000. The summer of 1921 produced an extraordinary chapter in our history when we were elected to the Football League – one of only six Welsh clubs to do so – the others being Cardiff City, Swansea City, Wrexham, Newport County and Merthyr Town. With a population of 75,000 and a ground capacity of 23,000 at the Ynys Stadium allied with a strong “marketing” campaign, we topped the poll for election to the Third division being joined by Charlton Athletic. We spent the years, 1921-1927 in Division 3 (South), for younger readers the equivalent to League 1, with a best finishing position of 8th and a highest home gate recorded at 16,000 against the then mighty Preston North End for a third round FA Cup tie in 1923. Alas, with the beginning of the Great Depression bringing severe unemployment to the area and the knock on effect of lower crowds and thereby income to sustain a Football League club, our days were numbered and we were replaced at the end of 1927 by Torquay United. A controversial merger followed with who had become the junior club, Aberaman Athletic. The sale of the Ynys Stadium in the town centre and a move to Aberaman Park, saw the name changed to Aberaman Athletic who happily more than held their own in the Welsh League. As an acknowledgement of the brand of football exhibited, we were invited to be members of the Football League Western Division during the war years of 1939-45. A record crowd at the Park of 2,500 attended a Cup match against Bristol City whilst participating in the league. The club produced two stars of that era in Welsh international, Bryn Jones who was sold to Wolves and then moved to Arsenal for what was at the time a transfer record between English clubs of £14,000. From the neighbouring village of Abercwmboi came Alf Sherwood who was regarded at his peak as the finest left back in the British Isles and who represented Cardiff City and Wales with great distinction. In the late 1940’s Aberdare and Aberaman again merged for a short while before the Aberaman Athletic name was restored.Highlights of that period included being runners up in the Welsh League to Barry Town before the advent of the Welsh Premier, reaching the final of the FAW Trophy, and winning the Welsh League in 2009 under the sponsorship of ENTO and managed by David Morgan.In 2012 we decided for commercial reasons to rename the club Aberdare Town and we can all look back with pride on the 120 years of football and to a future based on our well founded ambitions to reach the Welsh Premier League.This season we have expanded considerably, we now have a Welsh League Division One side, Welsh League Reserve side, Welsh Youth League side, 2 Aberdare League senior sides, a Ladies side as well as our hugely successful mini and junior section. This we feel will help us in our long term ambitions to make the club the most successful in the area.